Room 3 children are trying to have litter-less lunchboxes to have less rubbish at school and to help our environment by having less rubbish sent to the dump. A waste free litter-less lunchbox contains no throwaway packaging.
Tips for having a litter-less lunchbox
- Limit the use of all paper, plastic wrap and tin foil.
- Pack food in reusable containers.
- Pack reusable cutlery instead of disposable cutlery.
- Use a refillable drink bottle instead of drink boxes.
- Use a cloth napkin instead of paper.
- Foods such as vegetable and fruit require little or no packaging.
- Involve children when preparing lunches as a child is more likely to eat and not waste lunch they helped to pack.
- Take chips, biscuits and other snacks out of the packing and put it in a reusable container.